Tuesday, November 6, 2012

feel it. be it. do it.

feel it, be it, do it, taste it, chew it.  

just saying that makes me want to jump up and move.  i throw my arms in the air, and swing my hips to the side.  i close my eyes and smile. 

lately i've been feeling naturally caffeinated.  silly, goofy, free.  a few months ago, i really did give up coffee, but only because i was beginning to depend on it a little more than my body liked.  don't get me wrong, my world is not black or white.  i embrace the gray, and am often known to throw in a heavy handful of full color at that.  so, i do still enjoy a warm, cream swirled mug of joe cradled in my hands every now and then.  but i've seriously, like really seriously, cut back.  and when my energy doesn't come from a cup, let me tell you, it's effects have been paramount!

i really am more energized without it.  all of a sudden, i don't need as much sleep, and i wake up with natural excitement on my mind.  after peeling back my eyelids, i find myself ready for the day.  life is full and fun.  but this post isn't about coffee.  i'm not encouraging anyone to try to cut back, or say that coffee is bad for you.  not at all, my friends, not at all. 

i'm just enjoying my naturally caffeinated recent days.  i'm feeling the energy.  my happy is happier.  my relaxed is quieter.  my inspired is clearer.  my love runs deeper. 

and so i be.  i'm completely present in each moment.  less is required to captivate my mind because i'm tuned in to more.  when there's music, i dance.  when i hear songs, i sing.  and when i have thirty minutes to spare, i grab my sneakers and run!

it's definitely been a process getting to this point.  i still credit our family trip to the carolina cabin this summer as the initial catalyst of it all.  it stood as a separation from life as i knew it.  it was a complete removal from my daily grind and a much needed change of pace.  i came back as a boot wearing, not as much caring, happy mama, just ready to be. 

when i'm in this present state of being, i feel like i can do more.  i can silence my mind and listen.  i can walk into the kitchen and get right to business.  i can dress my kids, pack their lunch and feed the dog without thinking about it.  i can grab a random fifteen minutes and really get something accomplished.  my mind more readily does what i need it to do.  and so, my days are more satisfying.  i may not necessarily accomplish more, but the things i do manage to get done have been a lot more intentional, and that folks, is a huge accomplishment for me!

feel it.  be it.  do it.  
let yourself taste it and chew it. 

life is grand, take it in.  go ahead.  take it in one moment at a time.  tackle that moment.  savor it's sweetness.  embrace it's bitterness.  appreciate it's completeness.  remember it's significance.  you won't get it back, but you'll add it to a collection of other moments that are labeled as your life.    

life comes at us twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, whether we are ready for it or not.  what we do with those 86,400 seconds each day is completely up to us.  dig in! 

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West




No comments: